Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Today

Since we discovered my home is also unlivable (mold has set in) and needs more repairs than originally thought we have to move out as well. Sam and Kaiden have already gone to our mom's. I have sent my boys to their other grandparents. I am still in the home with my dog, frantically trying to secure housing for us that will allow our dog and do a month to month rental. Don't forget that hundreds of homes in our area have been destroyed, so rentals are hard to come by.

I did go back to FEMA and change my claim to let them know I now need relocation money. They were so helpful and I did get approval to stay in a hotel up to 15 days and then get rental assistance for up to 2 months while my home is being repaired. I checked and I do not have to repay any of these services or funds.

It is a relief that I have their backing, however finding somewhere to stay in those perimeters is no easy task. All while packing up my entire downstairs (which is almost my whole house) and being separated from my boys.

Still I remain calm and hopeful. Also through this all I have not felt alone. I know God is overseeing and carrying me through, plus many from my family, friends, and church have reached out to offer assistance. Yesterday a friend from my church was over helping me pack. Today a few more friends are coming as well. Fri. a team from my church is coming to get all my appliances and big furniture in storage.

For now I take a quiet moment to just be, and also to count my blessings as they are still so numerous.

I count you my reader as a blessing today. For taking time to read this, and for your care and compassion. I wish you, my dear reader a happy Thanksgiving. I also ask you to share this blog on your facebook, twitter, blog, even email the link to your contacts. And if you feel lead please make a donation so we can rebuild my home and my sister's home as well.

Thanks.

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment