Sunday, November 11, 2012

Finding a rainbow in the storm

Help us Rebuild
 
All Samantha's belongings saturated with raw sewerage

Walls seeping with sewerage, salt water and now mold
Front Hallway, now unwalkable as floor is soaked and falling into crawl space

Kitchen floor, cabinets all wood soaked and rotted

We are trying once again to rebuild, to find a rainbow in this mess. We need help. We do not have insurance to rebuild and FEMA will not provide help, as the house is still in Samantha's grandmothers name and since it is not a primary residence will not be covered.

 Last week as I was watching my 2 1/2 year old grandson Kaiden, he was napping, when he woke up he had tears in his eyes, when I held him and asked what was wrong, it broke my heart, he looked at me and said I want to go to mommies house. I lost my son 3 years ago, and as God as my witness hearing this sweet little boy cry and speak those words was even sadder than the day I lost my son.
This Kaiden in happier days
I have a team ready to gut the house, I have friends of Eric, (my son who passed) ready to put the house back to a livable state, BUT we need funding, supplies and the mechanics to do so.

My other daughter who also suffered damage to her home, also has to rebuild her entire sub floor and heating system was compromised, yet she is currently housing in addition to her own two children, three other people. Her home is only 900 square feet; her two sons gave us their tiny bedrooms for the others that are now living there.
Both girls lost their cars, as a mother I am heartbroken that I cannot do more, so I am reaching out. Reaching out as far as I can, I figure for every person I know posted this on thier social media page, or emailed, or printed and posted somewhere, maybe just maybe with help from others and the grace of God we can put these houses back together and find the rainbow at the end of the storm.
Any amount is welcomed, each dollar will help benefit the rebuilding process.

I took this several months ago in Union Beach, who knew it would be part of my hope



Help our family find the rainbow in this storm
Thank you for those who have helped already, we love you, and know that Gods hands are guiding you.

Jeannette,
Becky
Samantha
Kaiden, Joshua and Jason

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky. Not sure how this works. If people I know donate, do they get a receipt for tax purposes. Also, does it keep track of who give what or at least their names? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jerseyangel,
    Hello! We are not an organization, nor a non profit, so we have no way of giving any receipts for tax purposes. If someone needs this I know other organizations, such as the Red Cross are accepting donations.
    I do get the name of the person who donates, unless they choose to do so annonymously. I will be personally thanking each each donor that leaves contact information (by email or personal card.) As I am so grateful.
    I am not sure if I will put their names here, or how I will let the reader's know our progress. But I will keep the reader's updated.
    I appreciate you reading and commenting on my blog. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last donation is actually from my friend Sharon who grew up in Phillie and has fond memories of the Jersey Shore. She wished you lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete