Monday, November 12, 2012

Flood insurance

My flood insurance adjuster will not be out until the week after Thanksgiving. He said that I can not make any repairs or even pull up the kitchen floors until he comes. I asked him about mold especially since I have a child with asthma, he said I could call a mold guy out myself to check for mold.

Apparently we are not priority since we are still living in the home and have power and heat. My fear is that we are blowing mold into the house with the heat on, as the FEMA guy said their was water in the vents and installation under the house.

I guess I will be calling a mold guy; oh and I have to also call HVAC as I have to get an estimate to get that repaired as well.

I can tell you, I officially feel like a grown up now with dealing with all this storm stuff. I sort of miss the days when my mom would come in and handle everything for me (and she has offered) but this is stuff that I have to take care of.

Will update on my house as I know more.

~Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment