Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Not really an update

I have not blogged much on here as nothing has changed with our houses. No work was done at all in either house in Dec. We are all still waiting on the insurance money.

I do have a crew ready to begin work on Monday and I have about $2,500 (all from donations from amazing people like you) to get started. Plus I paid $3,400 (of my own money) to the HVAC guy to buy the furnace, ac unit, and duct work we need to replace all that was ruined. (I still owe him another $4,000 when the job is done.)

I will say that Christmas was amazing and we were blessed by family, friends, and strangers helping to make our Christmas so special. I still am in awe of the love and support we have gotten from so many.

My boys and I are still at my brothers apartment. He is still staying with friends. My sister and nephew are still at my mom's. Yet I know how blessed we are as others we are now are still on couches and in crappy hotel rooms or hotel rooms that are over an hour away. We get to try and have some sort of normal while our homes get repaired.

Today we are going to try and resume school (we homeschool) and also clean up some of the Christmas mess. I also will watch my nephew at 3. (I have watched him for over a year while my sister works.) I also was watching other children, as I was running an in home daycare. I, of course, am unable to do that now with a home that is floorless and heatless. But at least I can still watch my nephew. I watch him at my brother's or my mom's.

Once we go home again I hope to reopen my in home daycare.

Hopefully next week I will have more news about the houses as we get the crew in to see what supplies are needed and what we can and can not do and so on. I am super excited to know myself.

Happy New Year!

~Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment